I’ve been too busy doing things to post about them!
- Found kentsarrow during the re-reading panel (she actually sat down directly behind me without either of us realizing who the other was).
- Had yummy Japanese food for lunch with three kindred spirits in video game geekdom.
- Had the experience of one of said kindred spirits learning my online handle, saying “You’re owlmoose?!” and showing me the download of “Reconcilable Differences” on their Nook.
- Played children’s schoolyard games in a ballroom.
- Attended a discussion about the Occupy movement and ways it might be reflected in fiction that stayed relatively civil (largely thanks to calm but firm mediation), despite clearly provoking calm feelings.
- Sat in on other panels, had interesting random conversations, bought a necklace, and just generally had a good time.
Off to find dinner! (Sadly, steampunk cellists are not an option this time.) Then another panel — about RPGs and writing; though the stated topic is tabletop RP, I suspect I will still find it of writerly interest — and then I hope to check out the singing room and maybe a party or two. Should be a good time.
I never expected to have such a fun time discussing video games I’ve never played! I’m very glad I came even if I was punchy at the end from too little sleep the night before.